Saturday, April 19, 2008

Make-Up Smeared Eyes.

Kate Nash at Recher last night!

I'm 100 percent sure that she
is the most adorable human being in the  world.

We got there pretty early, which was good
because within 30 min
of the doors opening, it was jam-packed
with girls in Kate Nash stlye dresses.
(flash to me in my black jeans & black t-shirt).

As it was, we were in about the 4th row.

The opening...band (?) was The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players.
It was an odd looking family,
that went around to yard sales and collected peoples old picture slides.
Then they put them together and wrote song about the people in them.

It was possibly the most bizarre thing I have ever heard/seen/not wanted to see again.

They finished at 9:30.
Kate Nash didn't come on until 10:25.
Waiting was not too 
damn fun.
At least it wasn't a hardcore concert.
No one was pushing or moshing.

Kat Nash was adorable, as stated before.
Her accent is the cutest thing ever.
The highlight was definitely 'Birds'.
& her "angry song" 'Model Behavior'.
She was screaming and jumping around.


The atmosphere at the Recher was great
because she could hear the audience really well,
and she kept blushing whenever someone yelled:
"You're so cute, Kate"


After her set, she left the stage
and she hadn't played 'Merry Happy' yet
so the entire crowd started 
sing it, by themselves.

It was funny to hear the guy near me say 'bum'.
She came on after for a 3-song encore,
saving 'Merry Happy' for last.

It was rad.
The whole night was just so mellow.





Oh, and I woke up this morning with imprints
of Xs all over my face
because I had slept with my face on my hands
which still had the X of the underage crowd on it.

{Listening To: "Mariella"- Kate Nash}

No comments: